Does your Central Florida family include a child or elderly loved one with special needs? If so, it is perfectly understandable that you would be very concerned about what may happen to him or her when you are no longer able to serve as his or her source of primary care.

If a person with special needs would receive money and assets, it could cause problems in maintaining benefits eligibility under the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Medicaid programs, which could ultimately be canceled or denied. One way of ensuring that your loved one is provided for after your death, without being denied such benefits, is to set up a special needs trust.

Preserving Government Benefits For Your Loved One

I am Clermont, Florida, attorney Michael G. Horton and am happy to show you how to establish a special needs trust or supplemental needs trust that preserves government benefit eligibility while continuing distributions of assets that meet the supplemental needs of a disabled person.

Other Services For Those With Special Needs

Along with preserving eligibility for benefits, there are other living assistance arrangements that families will need for minors or seniors with special needs such as:

  • Personal Escorts
  • Personal care attendants
  • Regular examinations and checkups at independent medical facilities
  • Supplemental education services
  • Personal tutoring
  • Out-of-pocket expenses for dental and medical care
  • Motor vehicle maintenance and transportation
  • Funding and materials for recreational activities, vacations, and entertainment
  • Physical fitness equipment
  • Access to religious services
  • Attention to specific dietary needs

I can help you make arrangements for any or all of the above to make sure your loved one is cared for in the event you pass away unexpectedly.

Call 352-394-4008 or send me an email to discuss the drafting of a well-designed special needs trust. Free consultations are always provided.

Contact My Office Today

Call my office at 352-394-4008 to arrange a free initial consultation. You can also send me an email by filling out my email contact form.

    The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

    I have read the disclaimer.

    Privacy Policy.

    Leave a Review